Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are so tasty! Just cannot remember where I found the recipe. This muffin mix is only sold in 1 size which I did not have readily available when saving this. It may be incorrect, but it was required
- 1 (20 1/2 ounce) package Duncan Hines cinnamon swirl muffin mix
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 7 cups granny smith apples
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- cinnamon, swirl packet
- crumb topping, packet
- Preheat oven to 350. For pastry, combine muffin mix and flour in a medium bowl. Place cream cheese and butter in large bowl. Beat on low speed until blended. Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed until combined. Shape dough into 24 1 1/2 inch balls and press into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.
- For filling, combine apples and 3 tbsp butter in a large saucepan. Add water, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon swirl packet and crumb topping packet.Cook and stir on medium heat until tender.
- To assemble, fill each warm pastry shell with 2 tbsp filling. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Cool in pans for 5-10 minutes. Loosen sides with thin knife or spatula; remove from pan. Serve warm or can cool on wire racks.