Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe that only requires 6 ingredients. Tastes best when it comes out of the oven or eaten the same day it is made. I used one thawed pie pastry for the crust. You might want to sprinkle tapicoa on the pastry before layering with apples so the juices don't make the pastry soggy.
- 7 1⁄2 ounces refrigerated pie dough
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 lbs apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (I used Golden Delicious)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Place dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Use a rolling pin to roll dough out and make it fit a 12 inch circle.
- Place on a 12 inch pizza pan.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and then sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar mixture over dough.
- Arrange apple slices on top of the dough, working from outside edge of dough to centre (like the spoke from a wheel.) Sprinkle apple slices with remaining sugar mixture Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes Combine honey and vanilla and microwave for 40 seconds on HIGH Brush honey mixture over warm tart Serve warm.
Props for the most lovely aroma! We had a little problem with the amount of liquid resulting in a runny dessert. I think that maybe a little bit of thickener might be called for.