Recipe by cipolo123
This free-form pie comes together quickly with the help of store-bought crust.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made & shared this very delicious tart at a neighborhood potluck, cutting it into smaller-than-usual pieces to go around! Easy to make & wonderfully satisfying! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 0.5 (14 1/8 ounce) packagerefrigerator pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 3 tablespoons apple jelly, melted and divided
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 lbs granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 teaspoons creme fraiche
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll dough to a 12-inch circle; place on a 12-inch pizza pan. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon jelly. Place pan in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean. Combine seeds, brown sugar, and nutmeg in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar mixture over dough. Arrange apple slices in concentric circleson prepared crust. Sprinkle apples with the remaining sugar mixture. Bake at 425 degrees F for 35 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
- Brush remaining 2 tablespoons jelly over hot tart. Cut into 8 wedges; top each wedge with 1 teaspoon creme fraiche.