Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Food Network
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 -4 tablespoons water
- 6 apples, peeled, cored, halved, and sliced into 1/8 inch thick pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, unsalted and sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam, heated and strained
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- To make the pastry, blend flour, butter, and salt in a bowl until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of water evenly and incorporate gently with a fork - add more water if necessary.
- Turn out pastry onto work surface, divide into 4 pieces and work into a disk. Chill, wrapped in plastic wrap until firm - about one hour.