Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Gourmet magazine. Normally I find their recipes very complicated, but this is so simple...
Make and share this French Apple Tart recipe from Food.com.
For the tart
- 1 pastry shells (homemade or store bought)
- 6 apples, cored,sliced 1/8 " thick (golden delicious)
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.16 ml butter, cold,sliced thin
- 118.29 ml apricot jam, heated and strained
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange the apple slices decoratively on the pastry shell.
- Sprinkle sugar on top, dot with butter slices and bake in middle rack for 45 minutes, until the apple and shell are golden.
- Brush with heated apricot jam while tart is still hot.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Note: prep time doesn't include chill time for pastry dough if you decide to make that yourself.
this was easier than i thought and so delicious, the apricot jam makes it!
I don't know whre I went wrong, but my tart was swimming in liquids. The crust sopping wet. Perhaps the apples it need a thickener? Corn starch? Won't make it again.
What a great easy recipe....I could have put another row of apples in it though...I used splenda for the sugar and it turned out fabulous...