For the tart
- 1 pastry shells (homemade or store bought)
- 6 apples, cored,sliced 1/8 " thick (golden delicious)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold,sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam, heated and strained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange the apple slices decoratively on the pastry shell.
- Sprinkle sugar on top, dot with butter slices and bake in middle rack for 45 minutes, until the apple and shell are golden.
- Brush with heated apricot jam while tart is still hot.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Note: prep time doesn't include chill time for pastry dough if you decide to make that yourself.