From Gourmet magazine. Normally I find their recipes very complicated, but this is so simple...
Make and share this French Apple Tart recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange the apple slices decoratively on the pastry shell.
- Sprinkle sugar on top, dot with butter slices and bake in middle rack for 45 minutes, until the apple and shell are golden.
- Brush with heated apricot jam while tart is still hot.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Note: prep time doesn't include chill time for pastry dough if you decide to make that yourself.