Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Good for special occasion breakfasts or when you want something different. Adapted from Semi-Homemade Cooking by Sandra Lee.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices raisin bread
- 1⁄2 cup commercial apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon butter
- additional butter
- powdered sugar
- In a shallow baking dish, add the eggs, milk, and cinnamon; whisk to combine and set aside.
- Spread the pie filling onto 2 slices of bread; top with remaining slices of bread to make 2 sandwiches.
- Place sandwiches in the egg mixture.
- Let soak for about 3 minutes or until the egg mixture is absorbed into the bread (turn sandwiches occasionally).
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a griddle or fry pan over medium-low heat.
- Cook sandwiches in griddle/fry pan for about 4 minutes per side or until browned and heated through.
- Cut each sandwich in half on the diagonal and serve.
- May serve with additional butter and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
This was very good. It was a very easy dish to prepare with tasty results. When I make this again I am going to add a little apple pie spice to the pie filling because I like the spice flavor. Thanks NurseDi