1 hr 5 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This recipe comes from a July 1986 issue of Bon Appetit magazine and was featured in a Bastille Day Picnic in the "Cooking for Friends" section. For transporting the cake to the picnic (or to a friend's barbeque) put the cake back into its springform ring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (or more)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter 10-inch springform pan.
- 3In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat eggs with 1 cup sugar until pale yellow and slowly disolving ribbon forms when beaters are lifted.
- 4Combine 1 1/2 cup pecans, crumbs,baking powder and salt and fold into egg mixture; do not overmix.
- 5Fold in apple,lemon peel and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 6Pour into prepared pan, smoothing top with rubber statula.
- 7Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- 8Cool cake in pan on rack; remove springform.
- 9Combine powdered sugar and 4 teaspoons lemon juice in small bowl and stir to combine.
- 10Add more lemon juice if necessary for proper drizzling consistancy.
- 11Spoon glaze over cake and sprinkle with the 1/4 cup of pecans.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Apple Pudding Cake With Lemon Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.9
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 307.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 47.0 g
- Protein 7.7 g