Recipe by LDSMom128
Saw this recipe and it looks really good. The recipe called it a pie, but it looks more like a cake.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar, with
- 1 -2 drop vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 lb apple (Golde delicious or Granny Smith)
- powdered sugar (For dusting decoration)
- 2 tablespoons apple juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter, let it cool down a bit while you peel your apples. Peel and Slice the apples thinly.
- Put your sugar, eggs, vanilla sugar, butter, salt and apple juice in a bowl and mix with a handheld electric mixer until foamy.
- Pour the flour, baking powder, and salt into the batter and mix until smooth.
- Add about 3/4 of your apples to the batter and stir until mixed. Pour the batter into a greased and floured round cake pan and smooth the top. Add the rest of the apples by arranging them on top of the batter. Bake at 375 degrees for about 50-60 minutes, checking it at about 35. If the top is getting too dark, cover with foil and contiue cooking.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 1 hour and dust with powdered sugar and serve.