Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This came from a long time friend. My dad, who doesn't like apple pie, likes this one. I will warn you, it's VERY sweet. I have cut the sugar. Please feel free to do so as well.
- 1 pie crust, I use store bought
- 1419.54 ml tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml butter, cold
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml flour
- Place crust in an 8 inch pie plate.
- To mix the topping ingredients together, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender, two forks or food processer. Set aside.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon. Mix with the apples. Place apples in the crust.
- Sprinkle the topping over the apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes or until apples are tender.
Thanks a lot for your tasty and really easy recipe! One more apple recipe in my favorites!
I posted you a picture
Makes for an awesome apple pie! Have been making desserts for the freezer with my fall apples, this one a real winner. Made one using my pie crust Pastry Dough (Madam Benoit's No Fail Lemon Tang Pastry) - not having time to make more pastry I choose to make the second pie using Andypandy's Tart Pastry Press In the Pan. Both pies were absolutely delicious. I have always thought the apples one uses allows for just how much sugar one needs to add - I used a touch over 1/2 cup for the pie filling which for my apples is just right for us. Made this in my large deep dish pie plates. Upon sampling had to whisk them to the freezer or we would have emptied the pan! Thank you for sharing - gives me a lovely new dessert to serve to family and friends.
PAC Spring 2008: Cathy - this pie is wonderful!! And it is easy to make too which is a bonus in my book!!