Recipe by cookee monster
This came from a long time friend. My dad, who doesn't like apple pie, likes this one. I will warn you, it's VERY sweet. I have cut the sugar. Please feel free to do so as well.
- 1 pie crust, I use store bought
- 6 cups tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Place crust in an 8 inch pie plate.
- To mix the topping ingredients together, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in the butter using a pastry blender, two forks or food processer. Set aside.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon. Mix with the apples. Place apples in the crust.
- Sprinkle the topping over the apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes or until apples are tender.