Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Apple pie with a delicious buttery, cinnamon-y, crumb topping.
- 1 (9 inch) pie pastry
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cups thinly sliced tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup firm margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare pastry for pie.
- In a large bowl mix sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir in apples and mix until apples are coated is sugar mixture and ingredient are all completely moistened.
- Pour apple filling into prepared pie crust.
- Prepare topping:.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and margarine until well mixed and crumbly. Pour onto pie filling. Bake for 50 minutes. Cover topping with aluminum foil during the last 10-20 minutes of baking.