- 2 9 inch pie crusts, unbaked
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled,cored and sliced into 1/8 inch thin (or any tart apples)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4-1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour or 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place one crust in a 9 inch pie pan.
- Mix apple slices and raisins and place in pie shell.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Mix remaining ingredients (not Icing) and sprinkle on top of apples and raisins.
- Dot with butter if desired and place 2nd crust on top.
- Crimp or flute edges as desired.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees and Bake 40 more minutes.
- When pie is cool, mix the icing and drizzle over the crust.