Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
merangue cookie with elegant look & nutty taste, wonderful Christmas cookie, keeps well
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond, finely ground
- boil sugar & water to 260 degrees with candy thermometer.
- beat 2 egg whites til stiff then add sugar mixture in fine stream while beating.
- fold in nuts & extracts.
- drop by teaspoon on to well greased cookie sheet
- bake @ 250 for 15 min or until firm.