Recipe by Malarkey Test
A classic, gorgeous, unexpected and a terrific holiday drink that is an alternative to straight champagne.
- sugar (for the rim of the glass)
- 1 lemon (for the rim of the glass and for making a twist to garnish)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces brandy
- 6 ounces champagne
- 1 dash Chambord raspberry liquor
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover base of a small plate with sugar.
- Run lemon wedge around edge of a large martini glass.
- Dip in sugar; set aside.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour in brandy and shake.
- Strain into martini glass.
- Add Champagne, then a splash of Chambord.
- Gently squeeze twist of lemon over the drink, then drop it in.
- Serve immediately.