Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Blue cheese is the American version of French Roquefort cheese.
- 4 pork chops, 1 -1 1/4 thick
- 2 medium carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 8 ounces rutabagas, cut into julienne strips
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Season chops with salt and pepper on each side.Place chops on a broiler rack and broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 14 minutes, turn and continue to broil for 12-14 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile cook carrots and rutabaga in a small amount of water or microwave until tender.
- For The Sauce:.
- Sprinkle tomatos with sugar, set aside. In a sauce pan, cook garlic in butter for 1 minute, stir in flour. Add the milk stirring until thickened. Stir in the tomato and parsley. Stir in 1/4 cup blue cheese. Serve sauce over pork chops and sprinkle remaining cheese atop. Serve with carrots and rutabaga. If you want, garnish with fresh sage.