Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Added as request, so haven't tried this recipe yet.
- 800 g aged vacherin a fondue cheese (a mild easily melted cheese)
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- cornstarch (optional)
- fresh ground pepper
- Cut cheese into small pieces. Rub inside of fondue pot with the clove of garlic and butter.
- Add the cheese and warm water, place over low heat and mash and stir the cheese with a fork continuously.
- Do not allow mixture to boil.
- If mixture becomes too hot, mix a little cornstarch with water and stir in . If too thick, stir in a little water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer pot to tabletop burner.