Fregula is a Sardinian pasta, here it is served with the perfact partners of sausage and leeks. Taken from The Perfect Pantry.com and posted for ZWT7
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 leeks
- sea salt
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 473.18 ml water
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 170.09 g fresh sausage (I use turkey sausage)
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes (optional)
- 29.58 ml dry white wine
- 236.59 ml pasta (fregula sarda)
- 118.29 ml freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (to taste)
- 9.85 ml minced flat leaf parsley
- lots fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Trim the leeks just above the white part of the stalk. Wash the top greens, and put them in a pot with a pinch of sea salt, the chicken stock, and 2 cups water.
- 2Simmer for 30 minutes, then remove and discard the leek greens.
- 3Wash and thinly slice the white part of the leeks, and add to a deep sauté pan (or small stock pot or Dutch oven) with the olive oil.
- 4Cook over low heat until the leeks are translucent, 3-4 minutes.
- 5Add the sausage, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, until browned on all sides.
- 6Add red pepper flakes, white wine, and fregula. Stir to combine, and add the hot chicken stock.
- 7Bring to a boil over medium heat; then reduce heat to low and simmer until the fregula is cooked through and most of the liquid is absorbed (add additional water, a few Tbsp at a time, if needed).
- 8Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese, parsley, and plenty of black pepper. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fregula Sarda With Leeks and Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.1
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 752.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 16.3 g