I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. I have always thought there was no way to freeze either carrots or green beans to have them taste good. Well I was wrong and I didn't believe until I tasted hers. Just like fresh from the garden or very very close to it. I have done both but mostly I just do beans this way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all of the above ingredients into a large roaster.
- 2Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- 3Vegetables will be crisp when done.
- 4Cool slightly.
- 5Fit colander in large bowl.
- 6Pour vegetables and brine into colander.
- 7DO NOT THROW OUT BRINE.
- 8Place vegetables in freezer bags, (as many cups to suit your family).
- 9Divide brine among bags.
- 10Close bags. (I try to remove as much air as possible before closing).
- 11Cool completely.
- 13TO PREPARE: Tear open bag, place in pot. Simmer on very low heat until completely thawed. Bring to a boil and cook until tender. Pour off brine, no need to add anymore butter or salt.
- 14NOTE: To remove air from the bag, I use an ordinary straw to suck air from the bag, holding bag tight around the straw. Twist bag then attach twist tie.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freezing Beans or Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1115.1
- Calories from Fat 835
- Total Fat 92.8 g
- Saturated Fat 58.4 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 4186.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.4 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 12.9 g