Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This another way to use up zucchini. Delicious!
- 4 cups zucchini, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 6 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 cups flour
- 6 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Put all in a processor and blend well.
- Line loaf pans (9x5) with plastic and fill loaf pan 2/3 full.
- Remove from pans and wrap in plastic.
- To bake, remove plastic and thaw out.
- Add 1/2 tsp soda and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder per loaf.
- Grease pan and pour in batter.
- Bake at 350 approx 1 hour.
This turned out to be some of the best zucchini bread I have ever had! Freezing the batter method really did work, however I ended up freezing it in two plastic freezer bowls after an unsuccessful attempt to line the bread pans with plastic wrap (impossible) then tried aluminum foil, which turned onto a big mess. I measured approximately 2 1/2 cups of batter per bowl. Then froze it for a couple months. Pulled one out and let it thaw in the fridge over night, then set it on the counter to bring to room temp. Stirred in the leveling agents, put it in a pan and popped it into the oven and an hour later I had a perfectly delicious loaf of zucchini bread. I will make this again!
Thank you, Cyberchef, for your helpful hints! Very much appreciated. I will try your method, and may even add the nuts after the batter has thawed, along with dried fruit. Again, thank you!