Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Of course you could just make them and eat them, but I like to freeze up a batch for lunches. I got the recipe off of about.com. Remember, you can't freeze mayo, but Miracle Whip is fine.
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 6 ounces tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Beat cream cheese and Miracle Whip till smooth. Stir in tuna, onion, carrot and lemon juice until well blended.
- Spread butter thinly on each piece of bread.
- Use 1/4 of the tuna mixture on each sandwich.
- Freeze individually.
This was a great recipe. My grandkids loved them and I had them in the freezer when they came for a short visit.
This is such a great recipe especially for me. I really don't feel like getting up at 4 am to make my husband his lunch, so these are awesome! Thank you JESMom!