Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make good use of all the extra tomatoes you sometimes have at the end of the season and you have homemade sauce--what could be better?
- 20 tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Combine all ingredients in a dutch oven.
- Bring to boil and then simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Put in blender or food processor to puree.
- Pour into appropriate sized containers and freeze.
- You can even add italian seasonings to taste!