Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Biscuit that you freeze to pop on a casserole when you have no time to cook. A Purity Flour Cookbook Recipe
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Cut butter into dry ingredients.
- Beat egg and milk together and stir into flour mixture until you have a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured board and knead gently 8- 10 times.
- Roll ou to 1/4" thick and cut into biscuits.
- On an ungreased baking pan arrange biscuits with sides touching to form the same shape as your casserole dish.
- Freeze until firm and then wrap in foil and return to freezer.
- To Serve: Place frozen biscuit topping on casserole filling and bake in preheated 350 oven until casserole is thoroughly heated and biscuit is brown.