Recipe by abloom69
Make this once or twice a year (doubling or quadrupling the recipe).This way it's always have ready-to-use streusel topping for muffins, sour cream coffee cakes, yeasted babkas, or quick breads.
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted butter, very cold, cut into 16 chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Place walnuts, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla in the work bowl of a food processor (if processor is too small, process half a batch at a time).
- Pulse briefly to combine.Add butter chunks and process to make a coarse, crumbly mixture.
- Freezes almost indefinitely.