Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A blender free, slushy, YUMMY frozen drink! This is such a gooood recipe to have on hand for camping, the RV or for those warm summer nights when a daquiri sounds GREAT but you don't want all the fuss. Just toss all the goodies into an airtight container and freeze for later. YUM! (prep time does not include freeze time)
- 1 (12 ounce) can lemonade
- 1 (12 ounce) can water
- 1 (12 ounce) can rum (or flavored rum, mango is WONDERFUL!)
- 1 (12 ounce) can carbonated lemon-lime beverage or 1 (12 ounce) can diet lemon-lime soda
- 3 1⁄2 cups frozen strawberries or 3 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries
- Mash your strawberries (if they're frozen thaw them 1st) using your hand, a masher, a blender stick, etc. - to your desired consistency.
- Combine everything in an airtight container.
- Place in freezer until firm.
- Break up/Stir frozen concoction and serve as needed!
- Sometimes adding a bit more lemon-lime soda to your glass makes it just the right consistency.
I altered the recipe to use what I had on hand & I think I should of stuck to the original recipe! I didn't have any strawberries, so tried using cherry kool-aid (dry pkg) and then added some simple syrup to sweeten it up. I think if I wouldn't of added so much simple syrup it would of been great- as I made it it was OK. I'll be making it again following the recipe and I'm sure it'll be a 5 star rating then!
So GOOD! I've made these several times, and have always gotten rave reviews about them. The last time I made them I used lemon rum, since that is what I had on hand, yummy! I usually add a splash of Sprite to the top to make them bubble when I serve them.
I made this for a picnic and everyone loved it! Very quick and easy to make. After reading the reviews of others I converted the recipe to strawberry margaritas by pureeing my strawberries and substituting 12 oz. tequila and 6 oz of triple sec for the rum, and using limeade instead of lemonade. This is a terrific way to get prepared for a weekend event because the delicious concoction can be made-ahead and stored in the freezer until the weekend! Thanks!