Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 mins
With one DD commuting to college and the other one catching an early bus to high school, I've tried to come up with quick, tasty, on-the-go breakfasts. O.K., so bagels and muffins are good sometimes, but I wanted them to have a healthy meal. This is a combination of 3 different recipes that I have tweeked so that the girls will actually eat them! (Cooking time is for reheating in the microwave)
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) packages flour tortillas
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Fry sausage; crumble and drain on paper towels.
- Reserve 1- 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Beat eggs, salt and pepper and add to reserved drippings.
- Add sausage, onion, red and green peppers, and cook with the eggs.
- Put 1/4 to 1/2 cup of sausage-egg mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling.
- Place seam side down on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam or lined with parchment paper.
- Place pan in freezer overnight or until solid.
- Wrap individual frozen burritos in waxed paper and then in aluminum foil.
- Place in freezer bags and store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- TO USE FROZEN BURRITOS:.
- Remove foil.
- Place a waxed paper-wrapped burrito on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand for 20 seconds.
- Add salsa and sour cream if you wish.
These are great breakfast burritos, wonderful flavor. I cut the recipe in half and didn't freeze any this time, other than that I made as written. Next time I'll add a can of diced potatoes. *Made for Fall 2008 My 3 Chefs* Thanks!