If you have ever wished you knew how to make homemade frozen chicken fingers, ready to pop into the oven straight from the freezer - here is a recipe for you. Make several batches of these and store them in freezer bags - you don't need to thaw them to cook them. The amount of servings varies based on how thinly your cut your chicken strips - usually about 3-4 strips per chicken breast half, and usually 3-4 chicken breast halves come out to one pound. To make these kid friendly, you may leave out the hot sauce.
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes cereal (measure after crushing)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1⁄3 cup prepared blue cheese dressing or 1⁄3 cup ranch salad dressing, plus more for dipping
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Lousiana Hot Sauce or Crystal's or to taste) (optional)
- Line a cookie sheet that will fit into your freezer with foil and have ready to go.
- Mix together cornflakes, parsley, and salt in a shallow dish.
- Mix together the 1/3 cup dressing, water, and hot pepper sauce to taste in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut each chicken breast into several long strips, trimming any fat.
- Drop the chicken strips into the wet mixture and stir to coat well.
- Roll each chicken strip (one a a time) into the crumbly mixture, coating well.
- Set each coated strip onto the foil lined pan, leaving a little space between each.
- Freeze until firm- approximately 2 hours or so.
- (Once frozen, you can store in a freezer bag for 1 month), then store in airtight freeezer containers.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Set frozen chicken fingers in a single layer on a lightly greased foil lined jelly roll pan (or large cookie sheet with sides)- approx 15x10".
- Bake 18-20 minutes from frozen until no longer pink inside and outside is golden.
- Serve warm with a bowl of dressing for dip.