1/2 Photos of Freezer Ready Cornflake Chicken Fingers
If you have ever wished you knew how to make homemade frozen chicken fingers, ready to pop into the oven straight from the freezer - here is a recipe for you. Make several batches of these and store them in freezer bags - you don't need to thaw them to cook them. The amount of servings varies based on how thinly your cut your chicken strips - usually about 3-4 strips per chicken breast half, and usually 3-4 chicken breast halves come out to one pound. To make these kid friendly, you may leave out the hot sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes cereal (measure after crushing)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1/3 cup prepared blue cheese dressing or 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing, plus more for dipping
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Lousiana Hot Sauce or Crystal's or to taste) (optional)
- 1Line a cookie sheet that will fit into your freezer with foil and have ready to go.
- 2Mix together cornflakes, parsley, and salt in a shallow dish.
- 3Mix together the 1/3 cup dressing, water, and hot pepper sauce to taste in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Cut each chicken breast into several long strips, trimming any fat.
- 5Drop the chicken strips into the wet mixture and stir to coat well.
- 6Roll each chicken strip (one a a time) into the crumbly mixture, coating well.
- 7Set each coated strip onto the foil lined pan, leaving a little space between each.
- 8Freeze until firm- approximately 2 hours or so.
- 9(Once frozen, you can store in a freezer bag for 1 month), then store in airtight freeezer containers.
- 10When ready to serve, preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 11Set frozen chicken fingers in a single layer on a lightly greased foil lined jelly roll pan (or large cookie sheet with sides)- approx 15x10".
- 12Bake 18-20 minutes from frozen until no longer pink inside and outside is golden.
- 13Serve warm with a bowl of dressing for dip.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freezer Ready Cornflake Chicken Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.0
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 540.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 24.8 g