Recipe by Brenda Tanner-Hebb
This is very easy to make and can be made from frozen raspberries. Just thaw and follow the recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 cups prepared raspberry juice
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 (85 ml) package liquid Certo
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash jars and lids in hot soapy water, rinse and sterilize jars and lids by (1) boiling in water for 15 minutes (leave in water til needed.) Lids may be sterilized by placing in boiling water and boiling 5 minutes (leave in warm water til needed.) Utensils should also be sterilized.
- Stem and thoroughly crush fully ripe fruit.
- To extract juice, place prepared in jelly bag and squeeze.
- NOTE: To make own jelly bag, use a square meter of cheesecloth, 3 layers thick.
- Wet cloth and spread over a colander or strainer in a bowl.
- Add fruit.
- Bring corners of cloth together.
- Twist bag or cloth and squeeze to extract juice.
- For clearer jelly, use 1 1/2 times fruit called for and let juice drip through without squeezing.
- Using liquid measure, measure the amount of prepared juice and add to a large bowl.
- To measured juice in bowl, add the exact amount of sugar specified.
- DO NOT REDUCE sugar.
- Sugar is critical for the set.
- Mix well and let stand 10 minutes.
- Add CERTO liquid to juice mixture and continue stirring a full 3 minutes.
- A few sugar crystals will remain.
- Pour jelly into washed containers leaving 1/4 inch head room.
- Cover containers at once with tight fitting lids.
- Let stand at room temperature 24 hours til set.
- Store in freezer.
- If using within 3 weeks, store in refrigerator.