Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
make certain to use hard dry gingersnap cookies for the crust, soft cookies will not work, all spices may be adjusted to taste --- cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Yum! This a super easy ice cream pie. We had it for dessert tonight and it hit the spot. I did cheat however, and used a pre-made store bought graham cracker pie crust as I misplaced my glass pie plate. I also added more nutmeg to taste. Made it for the Kittencal Cook-a-thon.
- 354.88 ml gingersnap crumbs
- 59.14 ml sifted powdered sugar
- 78.07 ml melted butter or 78.07 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin puree
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 0.59 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 0.59 ml clove
- 946.0 ml vanilla ice cream, softened but not melted
- whipped cream (to garnish top of pie before serving)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust; combine 1-1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs with powdered sugar and melted butter or margarine.
- Press firmly into bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 375 degrees F for 4-5 minutes; cool completely before filling.
- For the pie; in a bowl combine the first 6 ingredients until blended.
- Fold in the soft ice cream until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon into prepared crust.
- Freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Allow the pie to sit at room temperature for 8 minutes before slicing.
- Serve each piece topped with whipped cream.