Recipe from St. Wenceslaus Church Cookbook in Tabor, South Dakota. It is so nice to have these in the freezer when you are hungry for cucumbers and the ones in the store aren't very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put sliced cucumbers and onions in 5 quart ice cream pail.
- 2Dissolve salt in the gallon of water and pour over cucumbers and onion.
- 3Set in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 4Drain well in colander but do not rinse.
- 5Return cucumbers and onions to ice cream pail.
- 6Pour sugar and vinegar over the cucumber mixture and stir well.
- 7Put into pint freezer containers and freeze.
- 8To use: thaw in refrigerator and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freezer Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (6376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 880.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 1.0 g