Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from my mother who would make these in the summer and then we would have them all winter. They are so wonderful, either alone or with ice cream and pancakes. My favourite dessert. Ever.
- 6 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄8 teaspoon fresh fruit (ascorbic acid)
- Mix the Fresh Fruit and Sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the peaches and stir gently until mixed.
- Let stand until a syrup forms. Usually about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Ladle into the freezer container of your choice and feeze. Will last no more than 8 months in the freezer.
Simple and taste great. thank you for coming to my rescue, when given 2 boxes of peaches I was not sure waht i was going to do with them, and then I found your recipe. I'm excited to have them on hand now.