1/1 Photo of Freezer Peach Pie Filling and Pie Freezing Method
This method will work perfectly every time! If you follow this recipe and do not change any ingredient amounts, you will have perfect peach pies all year round! You can omit the nutmeg if desired though, I like to add it in for an extra flavor boost! Use only quick-cooking tapioca for this, Fruit Fresh can be found at any major supermarket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 lbs fresh peaches
- 2 teaspoons fruit fresh (fruit preservative)
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking tapioca, plus
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 aluminum foil, pie plates
PIE TOP FOR BAKING DAY
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Using a paring knife score the peaches with an X into the skins only.
- 3Carefully drop the peaches into the boiling water; for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon remove the peaches to a large bowl of ice water for 1 minute (the skins should slip off easily, if not place them back into the boiling water for 30 seconds).
- 4Slice the peaches then put them into a large bowl; sprinkle with Fruit Fresh and sugar; toss to combine.
- 5Stir in the tapioca, lemon juice and salt; mix well to combine.
- 6Line 4 foil pie plates with heavy foil or freezer paper, placing a piece of plastic wrap over the foil.
- 7Put 4-5 cups of peach filling into each pan, then loosely fold wrapping around the pie; freeze until firm.
- 8When the filling is frozen solid remove from pans and wrap tightly, then return to freezer until ready to use.
- 9ON PIE BAKING DAY; for each pie place one frozen pie filling in a unbaked 9-inch pie shell, then add in 4 tablespoons butter pieces (1/4-cup) then sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 10Top the pie with an additional prepared pie crust; seal well, then flute as desired.
- 11Bake for about 50-60 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freezer Peach Pie Filling and Pie Freezing Method
Serving Size: 1 (5288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1577.1
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 1133.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 337.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.5 g
- Sugars 290.0 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: