Recipe by Engrossed
My Grandmother has been making this for over 50 years. Easy, Refreshing and tastes like a Creamsicle. My Grandmother says it's good served with a pork chop or chicken dinner.
Top Review by megb123
I tried this out with fresh squeezed oranges and lemons and it was FABULOUS!!!! I used 4 naval oranges and 2 lemons to get the measurements, but it was well worth the effort for the authentic flavors. I couldn't believe something so simple tasted SO amazing!!! Definintely a recipe for the books, so THANKS!
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin, soaked in 1 tsp water
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice, heated
- 1 cup sugar (I think I'll try Splenda)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped (not heavy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak gelatin in 1 teaspoon of water.
- Heat orange juice and dissolve gelatin and sugar in it. Cool to lukewarm.
- Pour orange mix into an 8x8 glass or ceramic dish (I think I'll try tupperware). Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer until it becomes slushy, approximately 2 hours.
- Whip cream and whisk or use mixer to combine with orange slush until no white streaks remain.
- Return to freezer for approximately 2 more hours.
- *If it separates, mix again.