Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I received this recipe from a cousin, and thought they were very good. Handy to have on hand when you have company. These muffins can be made ahead of time, and stored in freezer until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, mix eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla until blended.
- Split muffins in half, and place on a 17x11x1 inch rimmed, greased baking sheet.
- Slowly pour egg mixture over muffins, turning to coat both sides. Let stand 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Place muffins in freezer (on baking sheet) uncovered until frozen. Place frozen muffins in zip lock bag, and return to freezer until ready to use.
- To serve muffins; preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease rimmed baking sheet. Brush each side of muffin with melted butter or margarine.
- Place on baking sheet - cut - side down.
- Bake 10 minutes, turn slices over. Bake 5 minutes longer, or until golden brown and toasted.
- Serve with maple syrup, jam or honey if desired.
My son loved these. An easy breakfast type of meal. In a hurry, I tried to cook these in the toaster oven but was not successful. These definitely have to go in the oven with extra time. Made for Fall PAC 2011.