Carolyn's Cupboard's Note:
I received this recipe from a cousin, and thought they were very good. Handy to have on hand when you have company. These muffins can be made ahead of time, and stored in freezer until ready to use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, mix eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla until blended.
- 2Split muffins in half, and place on a 17x11x1 inch rimmed, greased baking sheet.
- 3Slowly pour egg mixture over muffins, turning to coat both sides. Let stand 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- 4Place muffins in freezer (on baking sheet) uncovered until frozen. Place frozen muffins in zip lock bag, and return to freezer until ready to use.
- 5To serve muffins; preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 6Grease rimmed baking sheet. Brush each side of muffin with melted butter or margarine.
- 7Place on baking sheet - cut - side down.
- 8Bake 10 minutes, turn slices over. Bake 5 minutes longer, or until golden brown and toasted.
- 9Serve with maple syrup, jam or honey if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freezer French - Toasted Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.8
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 145.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g