Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Kids love these because they can make it themselves. Teens love these because they don't have to make it themselves. This is my own recipe. Do the same with your favorite pancake recipe.
- 8 slices dry bread
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg or 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 bananas (optional)
- maple syrup
- Beat eggs and add milk, sugar, nutmeg.
- Dip bread in mixture, coating both sides.
- Fry in butter, browning both sides.
- Freeze on greased baking pan. Stack slices with freezer paper between them and put in plastic freezer bag.
- To Serve: Pop in toaster, serve with butter, sliced bananas on top covered with maple syrup.
This recipe is ok. I prefer more cinnamon and probably added another tablespoon. ALso, I added two more eggs. I like my bread to have more of a batter on it.