Recipe by chia
Adapted from Gourmet, this is delicious and doesn't heat up your kitchen, as it is no bake. Just make it a day in advance for best results.
Top Review by ellie_
Delicious and so easy and even better no bake--perfect for a summer dessert! The only subsitution I used was using instant decaf coffee instead of the expresso powder. Thanks for sharing this keeper dessert!
- 3 cups heavy cream, divided
- 9 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 (9 ounce) box chocolate wafers
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- nonstick cooking spray, for pan
- chocolate, for garnish
- plain espresso beans, for garnish
- fresh mint sprig, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat 2 cups heavy cream with 6 tbsp sugar with a mixer 4 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium and add mascarpone, extracts, mix until well blended.
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Layer 1 1/4 c mascarpone mix on bottom of pan.
- Spread a layer of chocolate biscuits, about 14 over.
- Repeat layer of mascarpone and wafers, finish with a layer of mascarpone.
- Cover with foil and freeze for 1 hour.
- Transfer to refrigerator and chill for 8 hrs or overnight.
- Pulse remaining wafers in a processor until finely ground.
- Beat remaining 1 cup cream with espresso powder and 3 tbsp sugar until whipped to stiff peaks, 3 minutes or so.
- Remove foil and pan from cake.
- Frost all over with espresso cream.
- Sprinkle edges with wafer crumbs.
- Serve cold.
- Garnish with mint leaves and espresso beans, optional.