Recipe by Kim D.
Found this recipe in an old issue of Taste of Home(1995). My Grandmother loves these pickles, she asks me to make them for her about once a year. (Prep time includes 2 hours standing time).
- 4 lbs pickling cucumbers, sliced
- 8 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cucumbers, onions, salt and water in a very large bowls (or divide evenly into 2 bowls).
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Add sugar and vinegar; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Pack in 1-pint freezer containers, leaving 1-inch headspace.
- Cover and freeze up to 6 weeks.
- Thaw at room temperature for 4 hours before serving.