This recipe was submitted by a request for an Icebox Coleslaw. It is from Quick Cooking magazine. I have not yet tried this recipe, but it sure does sound delicious.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, green pepper and onion.
- Add sugar and toss to coat.
- In a saucepan, combine vinegar, oil, salt, mustard, and celery seed.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Coleslaw may be frozen up to 3 months, remove from the freezer 2 hours before serving.