Recipe by Carole Koehler
My family like this the best of all coleslaws. Have been making this for 25 yrs.prep time does not include 1 hour standing.
- 1 head cabbage, shredded (about 10 cups)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml vinegar
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml celery seeds
- 4.92 ml mustard seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine vegetables with salt, let stand 1 hour.
- Place remaining ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil and boil one minute, cool.
- Drain vegetables and add to vinegar mixture stir gently.
- Place into freezer containers and freeze.
- When ready to use defrost and serve chilled.