Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
Great to have in the freezer when the urge for cole slaw hits! Prep time includes standing time.
Make and share this Freezer Coleslaw recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head cabbage, shredded about 10 cups
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 green pepper, chopped fine
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml vinegar
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml celery seed
- 4.92 ml mustard seeds
- In large bowl, combine veggies with salt.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- Place remaining ingredients in pan and boil for 1 minute.
- Drain veggies and add to vinegar mixture.
- Stir gently.
- Ladle into freezer containers or bags.
- Defrost and served chilled.
The things I like most about this slaw is the ability to freeze it, and it's very low fat! When thawed, it still had a little crunch, which was good. Can give just 4 stars (sorry) because the vinegar/sugar mixture was a little strong for my family's tastes. I added a little mayonnaise, which tamed the vinegar and made a tasty slaw. The mustard and celery seeds add nice change of pace from regular slaw.