Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
Great to have in the freezer when the urge for cole slaw hits! Prep time includes standing time.
Make and share this Freezer Coleslaw recipe from Food.com.
- In large bowl, combine veggies with salt.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- Place remaining ingredients in pan and boil for 1 minute.
- Drain veggies and add to vinegar mixture.
- Stir gently.
- Ladle into freezer containers or bags.
- Defrost and served chilled.
The things I like most about this slaw is the ability to freeze it, and it's very low fat! When thawed, it still had a little crunch, which was good. Can give just 4 stars (sorry) because the vinegar/sugar mixture was a little strong for my family's tastes. I added a little mayonnaise, which tamed the vinegar and made a tasty slaw. The mustard and celery seeds add nice change of pace from regular slaw.