Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
OAMC. 1001 Low Fat Vegetarian.
Make and share this Freezer Coleslaw recipe from Food.com.
- 680.38 g red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded (or thinly sliced)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml water
- 177.44 ml cider vinegar
- 395.10 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml caraway seed
- Layer cabbage, carrots, bell pepper and onion in colander, sprinkling each layer lightly with salt; let stand 1 hour. Rinse well under cold running water, drain.
- Heat remaining ingredients to boiling in a small saucepan; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Mix vegetables and sugar syrup in a large bowl. Pack coleslaw in freezer containers or bag and freeze.
- To serve, thaw in refrigerator or at room temperature.