Recipe by kineline
Yes, it's crisp--and freezes beautifully. Allowing the vegetables to stand with salt releases liquid that would interfere with freezing. Be sure to drain well before adding dressing! Contributed by: ceo on Organized Homes.com
- 1 medium head of cabbage (about 10 cups shredded)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 green pepper, shredded
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml vinegar
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml celery seed
- 4.92 ml mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine shredded vegetables and salt. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Place remaining ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil, and boil for 1 minute. Cool.
- Drain vegetables and add vinegar mix. Stir gently.
- Freeze in tightly-sealed freezer containers.
- To serve, thaw and serve chilled.