Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
30 Day Gourmet. No need to go to Olive Garden, Just pull this out of your freezer. A wonderful dish to serve for a fancy dinner. When serving make sure to also make up some rolls so your guests can get every last drop of the sauce with their bread. But don't look at how many calories and fat grams it has, your guilt will ruin the meal.
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (about 5 breasts per meal)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, chopped (1 head or bunch or about 4 cups chopped per recipe)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 8 ounces fat free sour cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream (2 cups per recipe, sold in pints)
- 1 cup half-and-half (milk & cream)
- 3⁄4 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Assembly Directions:.
- Cook Fettuccini aldente (slightly chewy), drain, and set aside. Wash, drain and chop fresh broccoli. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces or cut crosswise into 1/2 inch wide slices. Heat butter, garlic and ground black pepper in a large skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add the chicken and broccoli to the skillet. Cook and stir until the meat is no longer pink in the center (8-10 minutes per recipe). Sprinkle the seasoning salt over the chicken and broccoli and toss to mix. Remove the skillet from heat and allow to cool. When cooled, sprinkle the grated cheeses over the chicken and broccoli and toss to mix well.
- Combine the sour cream, whipping cream, and half and half together in a separate bowl.
- Freezing Directions:.
- Place the chicken mixture in a freezer bag or container. Remove excess air and seal. Place the cream mixture in another freezer bag or container. Remove excess air and seal. Place the aldente pasta in a freezer bag or container. Remove excess air and seal. If the 3 components of this recipe are in freezer bags, place all 3 bags inside of one larger bag to keep them together.
- Serving Directions:.
- Thaw all three bags completely. Place pasta in the bottom of a spray coated casserole or baking pan. Spread chicken mixture over pasta and toss gently to mix. Pour sauce over all. Cover the pan tightly and heat until very hot. Do not bring to a boil or the sauce will curdle. This can be heated in the microwave on 50% power for 5 minutes, stir gently and repeat until hot, or heated in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until hot.
- Remove the dish from heat and allow to sit a few minutes so the pasta will absorb some of the sauce.
Loved this recipe. Made it for our freezer meal group and turned out wonderfully. Thanks!
This recipes tastes great. My husband is not a cream sauce fan but he liked the way this one turned out. I needed to bake in oven about 45 minutes to get the sauce to thicken but it worked out fine and look forward to serving the extra meals I put in the freezer.
My family absolutely loves this recipe! We don't buy jar alfredo sauce anymore. The sauce looks runny when its mix at first, but it cooks up nice and thick!