Recipe by Salt Lake Meal Swapping
30 Day Gourmet. No need to go to Olive Garden, Just pull this out of your freezer. A wonderful dish to serve for a fancy dinner. When serving make sure to also make up some rolls so your guests can get every last drop of the sauce with their bread. But don't look at how many calories and fat grams it has, your guilt will ruin the meal.
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (about 5 breasts per meal)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, chopped (1 head or bunch or about 4 cups chopped per recipe)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 8 ounces fat free sour cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream (2 cups per recipe, sold in pints)
- 1 cup half-and-half (milk & cream)
- 3⁄4 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Assembly Directions:.
- Cook Fettuccini aldente (slightly chewy), drain, and set aside. Wash, drain and chop fresh broccoli. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces or cut crosswise into 1/2 inch wide slices. Heat butter, garlic and ground black pepper in a large skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add the chicken and broccoli to the skillet. Cook and stir until the meat is no longer pink in the center (8-10 minutes per recipe). Sprinkle the seasoning salt over the chicken and broccoli and toss to mix. Remove the skillet from heat and allow to cool. When cooled, sprinkle the grated cheeses over the chicken and broccoli and toss to mix well.
- Combine the sour cream, whipping cream, and half and half together in a separate bowl.
- Freezing Directions:.
- Place the chicken mixture in a freezer bag or container. Remove excess air and seal. Place the cream mixture in another freezer bag or container. Remove excess air and seal. Place the aldente pasta in a freezer bag or container. Remove excess air and seal. If the 3 components of this recipe are in freezer bags, place all 3 bags inside of one larger bag to keep them together.
- Serving Directions:.
- Thaw all three bags completely. Place pasta in the bottom of a spray coated casserole or baking pan. Spread chicken mixture over pasta and toss gently to mix. Pour sauce over all. Cover the pan tightly and heat until very hot. Do not bring to a boil or the sauce will curdle. This can be heated in the microwave on 50% power for 5 minutes, stir gently and repeat until hot, or heated in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until hot.
- Remove the dish from heat and allow to sit a few minutes so the pasta will absorb some of the sauce.