Recipe by HoserLauren
This pasta sauce quickly became a staple in my dinner during university. I would make a batch of this before each university term, freeze it, and take portions of it to university with me. It freezes extremely well and is very tasty!
- 2 kg lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1194 ml tomato sauce (or your favourite jarred pasta sauce)
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef and onion in a Dutch oven (or a large pot that has a lid).
- Saute until lightly browned.
- Drain off fat if necessary.
- Add salt, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato sauce.
- Simmer, covered 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Divide into equal parts and freeze in jars or plastic containers.
- Thaw to use (then heat) for lasagne, spaghetti, or your favourite pasta.