Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was featured in an email that I received this morning from the www.allrecipes.com website. It was posted by Karen Neilson. Here is what it says on the website: "This is a delicious pie that people just love on a hot summer day. Great for Sunday dessert if prepared Saturday night." NOTE: Cooking time listed is the approximate freezing time.
- 2 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crusts
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 (7 ounce) package shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- Place butter in a medium skillet and melt over medium heat. Add coconut and pecans, stirring to coat. Saute until coconut and pecans are lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip together condensed milk and cream cheese until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon 1/4 of cream cheese mixture into each graham cracker crust. Drizzle each with 1/4 of caramel topping. Repeat layers with remaining cream cheese mixture and caramel. Top each pie with coconut and pecan mixture. Freeze overnight.