1/1 Photo of Freezer Buttermilk Biscuits
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
Another one of my favorites from Grandma's Best-Loved Recipes. Biscuits that you make ahead and freeze so that you have biscuits any time you want them. I used these for dinners, sausage gravy and biscuits or whenever I am in the mood for biscuits with jam or honey. Preparation time does not include freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Tip: You can substitute soured fresh milk. To sour milk, place one tablespoon lemon juice plus enough milk to equal one cup into a 2 cup measure. Stir, let stand 5 minutes before using.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir buttermilk into flour mixture until mixture forms soft dough that leaves side of bowl.
- 3Turn out dough onto well-floured surface. Knead 10 times, roll into 8-inch square. cut dough into 16 (2 inch) squares. Place squares on baking sheet lined with plastic wrap. Freeze about 3 hours or until firm. Remove squares and place in airtight freezer container. Freeze up to 1 month.
- 4When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 400°F.
- 5Place frozen squares 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, Serve warm.
- 6Tip: To bake immediately, preheat oven to 450°F Place squares 1/2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freezer Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (792 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.3
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 235.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g