These are wonderful, make ahead and freeze, great for when unexpected company drops in. Make a spaghetti dinner. The company doesn't need to know you were ready for them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl thouroughly mix 1 cup flour, salt, sugar and undissolved yeast.
- 2Add margarine.
- 3Gradually add tap water to dry ingredients and beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 4Add 1/2 cup flour.
- 5Beat at high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 6Stir in enough additional flour to make a soft dough.
- 7Turn out onto well floured board.
- 8Divide dough into 16 equal pieces.
- 9Roll each piece of dough into a rope, 18 inches long.
- 10Cut each rope into three 6-inch ropes.
- 11Place on greased baking sheets, rolling to grease all sides of dough.
- 12Cover with plastic wrap.
- 13Freeze until firm.
- 14Transfer to plastic bags.
- 15Freeze up to 4 weeks.
- 16Remove from freezer, place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 17Cover; let stand at room temperature until fully thawed, about 30 minutes.
- 18Let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 15 minutes.
- 19Brush with combined egg white and cold water, sprinkle with seeds.
- 20Bake at 375 20 to 25 minutes, or until done.
- 21Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freezer Breadsticks
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 54
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 68.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g