Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are great to have in the freezer for when you have unexpected guests. Just take them out of the freezer and cook from frozen. This is just a basic dough that you can add anything to. You add what you like before freezing. I like to make a dent in the middle of the dough so that when I am ready to bake I just have to add a jam of choice.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs and vanilla, beat until well combined.
- Fold in sifted flour, mix to a firm dough.
- Divide dough evenly into three.
- Add desired fillings:.
- 1/4 cup coconut and 60g chopped glace cherries. Roll into balls and roll in extra coconut and place half a glace cherry into each biscuit.
- 1/4 cup chocolate bits. Roll into balls.
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts and 1/4 cup sultanas. Roll into balls.
- Jam. Do not add jam until ready to cook. Roll dough into balls and slightly flatten making a dent in the dough.
- Place biscuits on greased oven tray and place in freezer.
- When frozen place in ziplock bag and return to freezer until needed.
- When required, remove biscuits from freezer, put, still frozen, on greased oven tray, add 1 tsp jam to each biscuit if making jam biscuits; allow room for spreading.
- Bake in moderate 180 C oven 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool on wire rack.