Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
Like most teens, my DD didn't have a lot of time for a healthy breakfast, and at most would just grab a bagel on the way out the door. Since she likes things pretty mild, I came up with these tasty breakfast burritos. They are so easy. She just heats one in the microwave and takes it with her to the bus stop. (Cooking time is for reheating in the microwave)
Top Review by bmcnichol
Made these during my last OAMC session. They were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the onions as my kids aren't crazy about onions. I didn't add any of the optional items either.
- 1 lb bacon, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 (16 ounce) packages flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, fry bacon pieces until crisp; remove to paper towels.
- Drain, reserving 1- 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Beat eggs, salt and pepper and cook in reserved drippings.
- Add green onions just before eggs are done.
- Add bacon and remove from heat.
- Place about 1/2 cup of mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and place seam side down on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam or lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze overnight or until solid.
- Wrap each in waxed paper and then in aluminum foil and package in freezer bags.
- Store in freezer for up to 1 month.
- TO USE FROZEN BURRITOS:.
- Remove foil.
- Place waxed paper-wrapped burritos on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Let stand for 20 seconds and add sour cream and salsa to taste.